Total Joint Replacement
The total joint replacement program at Loma Linda University Medical Center – Murrieta utilizes the most advanced, surgical and non-surgical techniques, to eliminate or relieve your knee, shoulder, and hip pain.
Our orthopedic surgeons partner with a highly trained multi-disciplinary team of orthopedic nurses, physical/occupational therapists and educators. Our dedicated nurse navigator provides educational support and resources for patients, to help them understand what to expect prior, during, and after surgery, and the overall recovery process.
At Loma Linda University Medical Center – Murrieta, our entire team is committed to helping you return to your active lifestyle. Our joint replacement workshops are one of the many resources available to ensure our patients receive the highest quality of care.
We specialize in treating the following areas:
- Hip and knee
- Hand and wrist
- Foot and ankle
Is Orthopedic Surgery Right For You?
Before total joint replacement surgery is considered, our orthopedic team will typically explore conservative, non-surgical treatments to preserve your natural shoulder, hip and knee. If these options do not remedy your condition, the team will re-evaluate you and provide an in-depth discussion to determine the next best option.
An important part of our goal is ensuring you and your family are supported and knowledgeable about your condition and treatment options.
If you are planning to have joint replacement surgery, we encourage you to attend our Total Joint Replacement Workshop to learn more about joint replacement, and to have your questions answered by our Orthopedic team.
- Complete medical and therapeutic care personalized for your unique needs to enhance your recovery.
- Individualized pre-joint replacement evaluation/treatment by a physical therapist billable through insurance or cash basis.
- A nurse navigator who works with your family and clinical team to coordinate your care before, during and after surgery.
- Physical therapy to enhance your mobility and increase your strength.
- Occupational therapy to help with your daily living activities.
- Case manager to ensure you have all equipment and post-hospital care arranged.
- Social worker to link you with community resources as needed.
Are you experiencing hip, knee, shoulder or other joint pain? Do you have questions about an upcoming joint surgery?
Our pre-surgery Total Joint Replacement Workshop will help you, a family member or caregiver, to prepare for surgery as well as for rehabilitation at the hospital and at home.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to joint replacement
- Before surgery planning
- Hospital care
- Caring for yourself at home
- Post-op exercises, goals and activity guidelines
To reserve your seat at one of our sessions, call:
Total Joint Replacement Workshop Schedule:
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Third Wednesday evening each month
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
All classes are held in our hospital, 28062 Baxter Road Murrieta CA 92563. Check in at the guest services desk in the hospital lobby.